Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Success, Again! The Christmas Pinterest Challenge

Before I move on to other Christmas topics in the coming days and weeks, I want to take a moment to crow about my latest success. *grins*


I had a recipe for Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit Muffins pinned to my Pinterest board. My daughter and I made these for breakfast yesterday and fell in love! They are so easy and so good! We substituted vanilla soymilk for the milk, and they turned out fine. I didn't notice a difference at all!

We're going to freeze what we didn’t eat so that we can have them one busy December morning. We want to make more, as well. That recipe is definitely a keeper! It’s easier than the brunch casserole I make once a year and the ingredients are similar. If you do a search for the recipe, you’ll find  a lot of happy homemakers who have copied it. I don’t know who came up with it originally.

This week, plans are to bake and freeze some cookies. I may try a new cookie or candy recipe. I pinned a recipe for microwave divinity that looked intriguing ...

How are you coming on the Christmas Pinterest Challenge? December will be here before we know it! Don’t let it sneak up on you!

4 comments:

  1. Today I bought a small (cheap) accent table and some white (with white cord) lights; I'm going to attach the lights to the underside and cover it with a lace cloth and pop a small white tree on it. I hate to wait until after Thanksgiving for this project, so I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow. 'Cause you're right...before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Now you've got my creative juices pumping. I have lots of strings of lights in storage... hmmmm...

    It's less than 50 days till Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't keep up with you, but I love the tips. I just keep taking notes and wait to see what happens. I'm starting to get into the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Toi of ECS! I hope your Christmas spirit is building! As for me, I have homemade cookies in the freezer, and for the first time this house has lights along the roof! (Not turned on. We won't turn them on till the day after Thanksgiving.) My son fixed the broken antler on the light-up white-wire reindeer that I bought after Christmas two years ago. I didn't get to set it out last year because my daughter broke the antler getting it out of storage and I didn't have time to ponder fixing it. So this is gearing up to be a merry and bright holiday season for us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel my writing and could give me ideas for future posts, so give me your thoughts!